During this tour you will have the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu very early in the morning, during the sunrise, to enjoy the breathtaking landscape. In addition, you will explore the town of Machu Picchu, Aguas Caliente, with the option to visit the mountain of Huayna Picchu, which overlooks the citadel of Machu Picchu.
08:30 | Travel to Aguas Calientes, the town of Machu Picchu
We pick you up at your hotel at 8:30 a.m. to transfer you to the train station, located in the town of Ollantaytambo. There you will board the train that will take you to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu town. Upon arrival we will take you to your hotel.
13:00 | Afternoon in the Aguas Calientes
After the train ride to Aguas Calientes you have the rest of the day free. You can enjoy a walk through the village, visit the thermal baths, or take a walk to the waterfalls of Mandor.
19:00 | Briefing with the guide
Your guide will contact you at the hotel reception to coordinate the visit plan for the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
06:00 | Transportation to Machu Picchu
After having breakfast (included with your hotel), you will board a bus that will take you to the top of the mountain where the citadel of Machu Picchu is located.
06:30 | Visit to Machu Picchu
Upon arrival, the guide will take you around Machu Picchu visiting the most important places of interest.
08:30 | Optional visits
After the tour, you can make the ascent to the mountain Huayna Picchu or the mountain of Machu Picchu. (For this, you need to make your reservation at least 4 months in advance, because the availability of tickets is limited). From there you can enjoy an extraordinary view of the surroundings.
11:30 | Back to Aguas Calientes
After the visit, you will descend in a bus to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time for lunch before taking the train back to Cusco.
04 hours | Return to Cusco
The return to Cusco will be done by train to Ollantaytambo and then in a private transport to your hotel in Cusco. You can take the train between 2:30 or 4:20 pm, depending on whether you enter one of the mountains. (The return trip from Aguas Calientes to Cusco takes 4 hours – 2 hours by train plus 2 hours by bus).
Transfers: Hotel – Train Station – Hotel in private vehicle.
Return train ticket (Voyager or Expedition category).
3-star hotel with breakfast, wi-fi and private bathroom. (Double or Queen room).
Bus Ticket: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Guide in private service (English or Spanish).
Assistance during the tour.
Meals (Lunch – Dinner).
Entrance to the mountain of Huayna Picchu or the mountain of MachuPicchu (additional cost of these options is $17.00 USD).
Ticket to Mandor (S/ 10.00 nuevos soles).
Entrance to the thermal baths (S/ 20.00 nuevos soles).
Services not specified.
Travel insurance and incidental expenses.
What to wear/bring?
- Comfortable clothes.
- From November to March you will need waterproof outerwear.
- In order to enter Machu Picchu it is obligatory to present your original passport or ID card.
- To start your trip to Machu Picchu organize a small backpack and leave the rest of your luggage in the deposit of the hotel in Cusco.
- Ascending the Huayna Picchu demands considerable physical effort and the ascent and descent route lasts 02 hours in total.
- Income to Huayna Picchu is limited and must be requested together with the reservation of the tour to Machu Picchu at least 04 months in advance.
- You can also ascend the Machu Picchu Mountain to the top, demanding a lot of physical effort, the ascent and descent route takes 4 hours in total and requires a reserve.
- In high season of tourism – from June to October – the availability of income is quickly exhausted, so we suggest you make your reservations in advance.
- Children under 18 have a discount. (consult).
- Children from 3 to 11 years old have a discount (Consult).
- Children 2 years of age or younger travel without charge on their parents’ lap.
- You may cancel or reschedule with a 50% penalty up to 15 days in advance.
- The cancellation 14 days before has a penalty of 100% of the cost.
To Make Your Reservation:
Make your reservation with the full payment by clicking on the “Book Now!” button.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Club.
Before making payment, please inform your bank of this transaction to Peru.
You may also make payment via PayPal.
Your reservation will be guaranteed once payment is received.
We will send you a confirmation email within 24 hours.